Thursday, April 30, 2009

Connection

Hello Dear Reader,
Ten o'clock at night is late but I was afraid if I didn't call or make contact with someone all of our travel would be in vain. I first called Wally Curl but he didn't answer. I then called Marieta Grissom. Success! She answered the phone. When I explained who I was and that we had just arrived she said that if we would stay in the breakfast room she would get hold of the others and meet us there shortly.

I sat in the breakfast area while Anne took the luggage to our room. In a few minutes Marieta appeared and introduced herself. She's a lovely, happy woman with a great smile and beautiful skin. Then Wally came. He's a tall, handsome, kind, and dignified man--my first e-mail contact with the McNeill family. Cousins Connie and Judy also came. We sat, talked, and laughed for an hour. I felt a definite connection to these good people.
Love,
Aunt Genni

No comments: