Thursday, September 8, 2011

I'm Back

Hello Dear Reader,
Have you been wondering what happened to me? This has been quite the summer but between family things I have been working on the Dempsey Hood/Charity Hill line. Last fall when I took Southern Research I had a disappointing semester--not grade-wise--I did ok there. But I was disappointed in my final paper. I kept having computer (and other) problems and I felt that my results were definitely lacking. So I have been working to make up the lack. Now another semester has begun and I must put my efforts to rest for a while.

I am feeling good about what I've accomplished on this line so far but I'm not sure I'm ready to put it out there for everyone to view just yet. If any of you would like to see my paper you can let me know and I'll email you a copy. The paper may give you leads for further research. I'm finally feeling that I have a good grasp of who the Hills were although no direct evidence has been found to tie Charity and her sister, Prudence, to their parents. There is circumstantial evidence though, and sometimes genealogy is proved by using such evidence.

Tomorrow I'll continue Wes and Mary (Hall) Carter's story.
It's good to be back.
Aunt Genni

No comments: