Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Rest of the Trip

Hello Dear Reader,
Anne and I went back to Fort Madison, crossed the Mississippi River, and had lunch in Nauvoo. I love going there. Crossing the river to Hancock county and back to Lee county reminded me of the Ballengers going across to walk through the Nauvoo temple after the Saints had been driven out of the state. At one of our gatherings Wallace Curl mentioned that he also has Ballengers in his genealogy, providing another avenue to persue.

After an hour or two in Nauvoo we continued our journey. Saturday night we stayed in Tennessee. We arrived at Jill's and David's on Sunday where they had prepared a delicious dinner for us. They then stocked our car with food so we wouldn't have to buy anything on Sunday. We arrived in Tampa at about 10:00 Sunday night. We traveled safely with no incident and the car functioned perfectly. I am grateful for that blessing.

By the time you read this I will be back in Utah. I hope to rest this summer, garden, and spend time at the BYU Family History Library catching up and digesting all of the things I've learned this past year.

Tomorrow I will get back to Grandpa (Wesley) Carter's history.
Love,
Aunt Genni

No comments: