Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Call in the Night

Hello Dear Reader,
The night of August 25, 1962 Grandpa (Wes) and Grandma (Mary) Carter were getting ready to go to bed when the telephone rang. President Brockbank was on the phone. He said, "Brother Carter, I want you to come to the mission office immediately." Grandpa replied, "President, what have I done now? Can't it wait until morning?" President Brockbank replied "no" that he needed Grandpa to get there as soon as he could. Grandpa said, "So to appease him and try to keep him happy as I had done many times in the past, I put on my clothes and walked over to the mission home."

Upon Grandpa's arrival, President Brockbank emerged from him office and asked him to sit down and wait a few minutes because he was busy at the moment. Grandpa sat wondering what he had done wrong to receive such a late call. It was about 10 o'clock pm. After a short wait, President Brockbank invited Grandpa into his office.

Grandpa recalled, "As I entered the room, there sat President N. Eldon Tanner, President Marion Hanks, and President Bernard Brockbank. I threw my hands in the air and asked what I had done now to be called on the carpet by all three of them."
Love,
Aunt Genni

1 comment:

Jill said...

Ahhh! The suspense is killing me! :)