Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Continuing to Build



Hello Dear Reader,
By the spring of 1960 Grandpa (Wesley) Carter had finished the Provo Welfare Cannery and the Edgemont 2nd and 3rd Ward Building and had begun construction on the addition and remodeling of the Oak Hills, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and stake building. For those of you who know where Deseret Towers were located on 9th East, it is the church building just east of there.

When I think of that building I think of Grandpa's story about one of his crew commenting on the beautiful carillon bells that rang hourly on BYU campus. One of the other crew members kept asking, "What?" and then finally responded, "I can't hear you for those d[arn] bells!" Of course now, whenever I hear the bells, I think of Grandpa's amusement at telling the story.

The first picture is of the completed Edgemont building and the second picture is of the completed Oak Hills building.
Love,
Aunt Genni

1 comment:

Jill said...

David proposed to me at the one across the street from DT. I always thought that was a pretty cool place for it to happen.