Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Farewell Testimonial


Hello Dear Reader,
We had about a week left before our trip which could have been very inconvenient but Grandpa (Wes) Carter had an old pickup truck he used in his construction business that provided transportation when we had to get somewhere farther than walking distance.

Things were happening very quickly now. On September 10 there was a Farewell Testimonial held in our honor. The program was filled with hymns and talks by people we loved. It's interesting to look at the program now and see that the Sacrament Song was "I Stand All Amazed," which was Grandpa's favorite hymn. I had forgotten that Blaine Bray, Grandma (Mary) Carter's nephew, sang a solo, "It May Not Be on a Mountain Height." Two stake presidents and two bishops spoke and each of us gave brief remarks. The scripture included in the program was, "And inasmuch as my people build a house unto me in the name of the Lord, and do not suffer any unclean thing to come into it, that it may not be defiled, My glory shall rest upon it."
Doctrine and Covenants 97: 15.

After the Sacrament Meeting we returned to our home where we were packing our bags. I don't remember if people came by or not but it seems to me that they didn't. We had said most of our good-byes at the church. There were only three more days until our departure.
Love,
Aunt Genni

No comments: